Python in Astronomy 2016
Silver Cloud Inn
A block of guest rooms has been secured at the Silver Cloud Inn University District, with a special rate for PyAstro 2016 Conference attendees. Here is a map and directions to the Silver Cloud, which is located at 5036 25th Avenue NE, Seattle WA 98105.
The Silver Cloud is located 1.3 miles from the conference site, and near to many restaurants and shops in the University Village shopping center. The easiest way to get to and from the conference is to take the complementary hotel shuttle or to rent a bike from the Pronto bikeshare, which has a location just around the corner from the hotel, and a couple sites close to the eScience Institute. The Burke-Gilman bike trail will take you between destinations.
Silver Cloud Inn University District is providing the following prices** under the guestroom block, valid from March 19 - 27 (i.e. checkout on the 27th):
- Standard King Room: $149 + tax + hotel fees
- Standard Double Queen Room: $159 + tax + hotel fees
**See also the budget hotel option at the bottom of the page.
Reservations & Deadlines
Reservations must be completed before February 18, 2016 in order to receive these rates and availability. Options for reserving a room include:
- Online: Reserve through their website. After entering dates and number of guests, click Check Availability. You'll be taken to a page with a sidebar where you can enter the Group ID "PYASTRO" and Password "SEATTLE" to obtain the discounted prices.
- By Phone: Call 1.800.205.6940, and mention "PyASTRO 2016 Conference" to receive the special rate.
- Complimentary Hot Breakfast Buffet, served 6:30am to 9:30am Mon-Fri and 7:00am to 10:30am Sat-Sun
- Complimentary Parking Onsite
- Complimentary High Speed Internet Access
- Courtesy Shuttle Service to/from the hotel within a 3 mile radius
- Fitness Facility and Business Center
- Weekly Guest Reception located in our Breakfast Lobby (excluding holidays)
BUDGET OPTION: The College Inn
Another possibility for lodging is the College Inn, which is "European Style" (shared bathrooms), with prices ranging from $60-$90/night depending on number of beds. There is no special rate or reserved room block for the conference, so these rooms are available simply on a first-come-first-served basis. Conveniently, the College Inn's location is only a 4 minute walk from the conference site. It is close to many restaurants on University Avenue, and only a few blocks from the U District Light Link Rail stop.